Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Winter is coming

Well, here we are again. Its been two years since I've posted. There's been a lot of new jobs, fulfilling Kickstarters a failed attempt at PhD funding and various late 20s life events. But to misquote Jeff Goldblum, gaming finds a way. 

So here we are in the new era of Over There. I'm still in the UK, but far away from being a student. My buddy's foray into blogging has inspired me to dust off my own blog again.  

My hope for the future of the blog is to use my phone to do a bit more candid blogging of my gaming exploits. So please forgive the eneviatble blunders. Though auto correct on android is much better, so my writing should be more befitting of a native English speaker. 

So without further ado, here are my efforts for my gaming group's Game of Throne's campaign. One of the guys has written a super simple mordheim adaptation. The main rules are intact, but the campaign rules are much simpler and abstract, which is good for me since my warnands always look like a hospital ward aftery first game of straight mordheim. 

The figures are mostly unconverted GW Lord of the Rings Haradrim. Prince Obryn (or less generously, Charles Bronson) and the gentlemen with shields are a mix of Fireforge Games Mongol infantry and Gripping beast Arabs. We are living in an age where there are enough plastic kits to cobble together basically anything from plastic bits. 

So there it is my return post. If anyone is still out there, thanks for reading. 


4 comments:

  1. I will admit I had to do a double take on my blog roll when I saw your name come up after so long - welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, it's apparently actually been 3 years since your last post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. :) its been a while. so long that i have trouble counting it. It does not seem like 3 years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. getting your website the growing and interesting to read. I have much to learn from you. thank you
    Play Football

    ReplyDelete