Sunday, July 19, 2026

You Can't Kill the Metal

It's been a very long time since I've posted to this blog. A lots happened in the meantime. I've had a daughter, written a book, and got a feature in the New York Times. There hasn't been much time for gaming. 

I like coming back to this blog periodically because it's a nice way to mark the progression of life through the lens of pushing toy soldiers around, for me if not for anyone else. It's a good way to remember.

But if anyone is still out there, you're not here for that. You're here to look at pictures of said toy soldiers. 

My buddy Dave and I got in a game of Forbidden Psalm, which is a bunch of doom metal album covers held together with a very nice skirmish ruleset. It's the game you play if think Mordheim is too light hearted. 

It's a delightful system and I'm here for it.

The game consisted of Garax the Cursed and his motley band of things that go bump in the night facing off against Dave's hobby-horsed Jester accompanied by far more human characters.

The game ebbed and flowed, but was eventually dominated by Garax randomly summoning an unkillable god that ate the scenarios wandering ghouls for dinner, then had some of our actual characters for dessert. 

Corpses were looted, characters were maimed, and things were eaten by a being too terrible to describe. 

A good time was had by all.

Hope you enjoyed the post. I'll see you all again. It might be ten months or ten years from now, but I shall return.











No comments:

Post a Comment